We are currently advertising a Lecturer (exceptionally Reader) position in all areas the Hodge Institute, see https://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/school-of-mathematics/jobs/lectureship-readership-in-algebra-geometry-topolog for more details.
We expect to advertise a large number of post-doc positions this year (2019), to start in the summer/autumn 2020!
This is a 2-year fellowship open to all areas of mathematics. The deadline is usually around mid November.
In general, the following job opportunities are available, with the later ones being more senior or prestigious. See also the School Webpage on post-doctoral fellowship opportunities (which includes updated information on upcoming deadlines).
- EPSRC intradisciplinary postdoctoral fellowships. Find out more about the application process. (Martin Kalck is funded through this, and before him Guillaume Pouchin was.)
- Research Fellowships from the Royal Commission of 1851 for 3 years.
- Two-year Newton fellowship for people currently based overseas.
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships.
- Our own Seggie Brown Fellowships. (Currently, Brent Pym is a Seggie Brown Fellow.)
- EPSRC Career Fellowships for 5 years.
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships for 5 years (extendable to 8 years), open to EU/EEA citizens and those who have worked at EU/EEA universities.
- ERC Researcher Grants. (Agata Smoktunowicz, Arend Bayer and David Jordan have won such a grant.)
(5) is usually advertised in November. Ideally contact us in late August for (7). Applicants for (1) and (6) can apply at any time, but there are specified times when panels meet to decide on funding: contacting us in either November/December or May/June makes most sense.