This is a 2-year fellowship open to all areas of mathematics. The deadline is usually around mid November.
In general, the following job opportunities are available, with the later ones being more senior or prestigious. See also the School Webpage on post-doctoral fellowship opportunities (which includes updated information on upcoming deadlines).
- EPSRC postdoctoral fellowships. (Martin Kalck and Guillaume Pouchin were funded through these.)
- Research Fellowships from the Royal Commission of 1851 for 3 years.
- Two-year Newton fellowship for people currently based overseas.
- Royal Society Dorothy Hodgkin Fellowships.
- Our own Seggie Brown Fellowships. (Brent Pym was recently a Seggie Brown Fellow.)
- EPSRC Early Career Fellowships for 5 years.
- Royal Society University Research Fellowships for 5 years (extendable to 8 years), open to EU/EEA citizens and those who have worked at EU/EEA universities. (Ben Davison and Nick Sheridan have won these.)
- ERC Researcher Grants. (Agata Smoktunowicz, Arend Bayer, David Jordan, Ben Davison and Nick Sheridan have won such grants.)
(5) is usually advertised in November. Ideally contact us in late August for (7). Applicants for (1) and (6) can apply at any time, but there are specified times when panels meet to decide on funding: contacting us in either November/December or May/June makes most sense.