Current activities within our school, in addition to our regular research seminars:
Recent activities within our school, in addition to our regular research seminars:
- Reading Seminar on Deformation Theory
- Derived Categories working group
- Working Seminar on topological field theory
- Working seminar on perverse sheaves and decomposition theorem.
- Working seminar on spherical varieties
- Working seminar on BRST/homological reduction
- SMSTC Working Seminar on Finite Dimensional Algebras.
- Category Theory Seminar
- Hodge Club, an informal seminar for graduate students and postdocs.
- Reading seminar on representations of quivers (self-organized by several graduate students)
- Derived working group
- School Colloquium by Alain Connes, October 23, 2015
- The next BrAG (British Algebraic Geometry) meeting will take place in Edinburgh on April 13-15, 2016.
- ICMS workshop on Minimal free resolutions, Betti numbers, and combinatorics, June 1-5 2015.
- EDGE days 2015, June 5-7 2015.
- (Fall 2014) Reading Seminar Blow-ups on non-commutative surfaces, organized by Sue Sierra
- (Fall 2014) Reading Seminar Commutative Algebra and Homological Algebra (for beginning graduate students)
- (Spring 2015) Geometry and Representation Theory Working Seminar
- Homological Interactions between Representation Theory and Singularity Theory, December 15-19 2014
- Reading Seminar on Higher Algebra
- Edinburgh Surgery Theory Group. This is the webpage of the Edinburgh surgery group, check out for interesting notes, materials and lectures on the subject.
- (2013/14) Categorical lunch. This is an informal activity. Each week, someone will give a short expository account of a categorical topic, comprehensible to a wide audience. See the link for dates and location.
- (Spring 2014) Reading Seminar joint with Warwick university on Spherical varieties.
- EDGE days 2014 in June 6-8, 2014, followed by
- Workshop on Derived Categories, Motives and Zeta-functions, June 9-11 2014.
- Lectures on Holomorphic Symplectic Manifolds by A.Soldatenkov (HSE), June 13-18 2014.
- (Fall 2013) Seminar in Field theories and higher categories
- (Fall 2013) Seminar on Moduli spaces of stable things
- 4 lectures by Evgeny Smirnov (Moscow, Russia) on Flag manifolds, September 23-26 2013.
- Maxwell Colloquium on Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry featuring Craw, Coates, Fink, Plaumann and Sturmfels.
- In June 2013, we had two events in algebraic geometry: the Edge Days, followed by a week-long activity centered around the LMS Invited Lecture Series 2013 on "Birational Geometry and Galois Groups" delivered by Prof. Fedor Bogomolov.
- On February 26-28 2014 we hosted Probability and Representation Theory in Edinburgh in ICMS as part of the EPSRC Representation Theory Network
- Scottish Topology Seminar. The Scottish Topology Seminar is a peripatetic joint Aberdeen-Edinburgh-Glasgow venture, with 2-3 meetings a semester.
- Scottish Category Theory Seminar. This is a series of half-day meetings, running once every six months or so and covering category theory and some of its applications. The organizers are Neil Ghani (computer science, Strathclyde), Tom Leinster (this school), and Alex Simpson (Informatics, UoE).
- ARTIN is a decade-old quarterly meeting group for people work in Algebra and Representation Theory in the North. North is broadly interpreted; after all, the whole of the UK is in the north.
- The GLEN Seminar is a joint algebraic geometry seminar run, currently run between the Universities of Glasgow, Liverpool, Sheffield, Manchester and Edinburgh.
- The Anglo-Franco-German Representation Theory Network is a network which funds activity between the UK, France and Germany, including conferences, visitors, and workshops. We are founding members.
- The British Algebraic Geometry (BrAG) meeting 2014 is intended to be a regular conference, and was co-founded by members of our algebraic geometry group.